Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sunday May 30, 2010

Sunday May 30, 2010. I picked Joan up at 10:30 today. We're going to the Tim Horton's on Hunt Club today.

We got there a little after 11:00. It was an "On the Run" with a drive through. We ordered our usual, tea and a bagel, but I just found out something I never knew before. When ordering I asked for a tea and she kept saying "we only have steeped tea" and I said that was alright because at most Tim Horton's we order steeped tea. When we got to the window I asked how they could have steeped tea without any tea bags. You see my understanding of steeped tea was that it's the process of leaving the tea bag in the pot till you get the desired colour of the tea you want, and that what was called steeping. Yet when we got to the window she said that they're steeped came in a package and it was prepared similar to the coffee process. You put the tea leaves in a filter and the hot water seeps through it. "Well you live and learn" They didn't have any bagels so we ordered an apple fritter.

Before we got into the drive through line there was a red car parked on the side and as we got closer we saw a dog sitting in the driver seat with the window rolled down. Cute.




We ate the fritter but we missed having our bagel and peanut butter so we drove up the road and stopped at the next Tim Horton's on Hunt Club. We were in the line for about 15 minutes, ordered our bagels (which we were going to have for lunch), and when we got to the window the were out of multi-grain and even whole wheat bagels so I got my money back and we left.

So we drove around for a bit then headed to Donna's Restaurant for bacon sandwiches. I drove Joan home at around 1:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment