Thursday, November 18, 2010

Tuesday November 16, 2010

Tuesday November 16, 2010. Since I didn’t see Joan on Sunday I'm going to take her out today. I picked Joan up around 10.00 and we headed to the Tim Horton’s in the St. Laurent shopping mall.

The Tim Horton’s was on the third floor and once there I ordered our usual snack, two teas and a bagel. On my way back to the car I stopped into a store called “Ernest” and bought a scarf.



We left the parking lot and went down Coventry Road and parked on the shoulder and ate our snack. We right across the street from elections Canada.

Then we got on the Queensway and headed west. We got off on Carling Ave. and headed to Westgate so I could go into the DMV and get an application for a disabled parking sticker. According to Vanessa (who work s in the office at Garden Terrace) we need an application for Joan and the office will fill it out and the doctor will sign it and Joan gets the sticker but I use it when she’s in the car with me. This way we can use the disable parking when I need to leave the car and Joan won’t be too far from where I'm going.

Then we went to Glenn’s chip wagon for lunch and got hot dogs and fries. We go there often and this time I asked the owner what his name was and he said “it’s Valentine, like the holiday”.

(Valentine, owner of Glenn's Chip Wagon on Richmond Road)


T hen I took Joan home. Just as we were entering the building I realised that I had locked my keys in the car. Well I first put Joan to bed and then went to Vanessa’s office and we called the Canadian Tire auto service (since my phone was also locked in the car) and they said then would send Glenn’s Towing and it would be about forty-five minutes. Well then I thought "now what will I do", I have to wait 45 minutes and my smokes were in the car as well.


As I said this out loud, Sam from the next office came over and gave me two smokes and her lighter.



F ortunately I only had to wait about 30 minutes and it took the mechanic about another 10 minutes to unlock the car. I went back in the build to return the lighter to Sam and drop off the DMV application with Vanessa and say “thank you” to both ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment