Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday April 18, 2010

Sunday April 18, 2010. I picked Joan up at 10:30 today. We're going to Manotick. We took 417 to 416 and got off at Bankfield Road.

We found the Tim Horton's and ordered our teas and bagel, and then we drove to the Long Island Mill to have our breakfast. We stayed for a while and I took some photos.













(the Dickinson homestead)








(the original carriage-shed)








Then we went to the A.Y. Jackson Park (which is just across the Rideau River from the Mill) so I could take some photos of the river and the Mill.




(the gazebo just above the Rideau River across from the Mill)


Then we drove around town to see the sites. Joan and I both like churches and Manotick had two (2).


Then we headed to Stittsville and the Main Street Cafe for lunch; we had bacon sandwiched. then I drove Joan home around 1:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment