Monday, June 28, 2010

Sunday June 27, 2010

Sunday June 27, 2010. I picked joan up at 10:15 and she was waiting for me in the lobby (with her pills and her board), and when I opened the doors she just started laughing at me. She was so proud of herself. I told her we were going to gatineau today.

We got on the Qweensway and over the Place de Portage bridge and got on the Quebec Qweensway and got off on boul. de Maloney and then to boul. Greber.




I had a tea and Joan wanted a capuccino and we also oredered a bagel. We drove across the street to the IGA and had our breakfast.




We drove aroud the neighbourhood for a while and then we headed south on Greber to go back to Ottawa. On the way we noticed a sign for lac Leamy, so we turned and headed in to park. Along the drive we saw groundhog after groundhog, they were everywhere. We got to the end of the road and stopped to look at the lake.









Then we left the park and headed back to Ottawa and went to Donna's Restaurant for lunch. We split a bacon sandwich.




Then we headed up Churchill Street to catch the Qweensway and take Joan home, but as we drove up Churchill I noticed a coffee table and thought maybe my friend Joanne we would want it. So I stopped to take a look at it and it wwas in good shape. I phoned Joanne and left a message and as we were on Carling Ave. she called. I pulled over to the side of the road and Joanne said she would take it, so back to Churchill. As I was loading the table into the trunk a jogger came by and said that the matching end table was just down the street. So I called Joanne and asked her to join us and she could put it into her car. I asked Joan if she would mind waiting (since we usually go home right after lunch, cause Joan tires easily) but she seemed to be enjoying the adventure so she kept saying "no" she would be fine.









Well twenty minutes later Joanne arrived. We put the end table in her car and got back on the road. When we arrived home at Joan's she kept saying how tired she was. We put Joan to bed and then headed to Joanne's to unload the coffee table and end table.

No comments:

Post a Comment