Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunday January 16, 2011

I picked Joan up at 10:30 this morning. We headed over to the Quebec side via the Champlain Bridge and found the Tim Horton’s in the Plateau shopping plaza on boul. St-Raymond.



We ordered our usual, two teas and bagel with peanut butter. We drove to the next parking lot to eat our snack but as I was getting things ready I noticed that they gave us plain butter instead of peanut butter; so we back.. Since we weren’t going through the drive through again I parked in the handicapped parking and went in to exchange the butters. I parked in the handicapped zone because as of Thursday last week we now have a sticker. We ordered the sticker so that if I have to exit the car for any reason to enter a building this way Joan will still be able to see me and I can see her. Not only is Joan paralysed she also suffers from aphasia (a disorder that limits her ability to communicate) so if I have to leave the car I still want her in my eyesight.


So we got the peanut butter and went back to the other parking lot to eat our snack. Joan was so funny this morning because after everything was said and done to get ready to eat Joan turned to me and said “finally” and we both laughed. Joan is always searching for her words and sometimes she manages to find the appropriate word to explain a situation and it can be very comical.

We left the plaza and we thought we were headed to Aylmer but it’s been awhile since I’d been at that plaza and didn’t know they’ve changed the on-ramps to the HWY 148 and so we were headed east when we wanted to go west. So we had to drive a few kilometers before we came to a traffic circle where we could turn around and head to Aylmer and see Barry and Marian.


We stayed for about 25 minutes and then headed to Wychwood to see Sharon. We chatted with Sharon for about 15 minutes and then back to Ottawa and we stopped at Donna’s Express to split a bacon and egg sandwich. I took Joan home at 1:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment